Industry Associations want to understand how a changing climate and regulatory environment are likely to impact their members. Across a wide breadth of industries – from utilities to insurance, accounting to agriculture – the impacts of climate change and the transition to a low carbon economy will play an increasingly material role in achieving success.
Zizzo Strategy helps industry associations conduct critical research and analyses to help inform industry-wide thinking and strategies. We also create and deliver training modules to give members the information and tools they need to thrive.
Select Project Experience
- Municipal Legal Tools for Stormwater Management: Zizzo Strategy is supporting the Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction (ICLR) by exploring potential measures private home and property owners in Canada could be required to take to better manage stormwater and protect against flood risk.
- Climate Change Law for Canadian Engineers: Zizzo Strategy lawyers researched and developed curriculum on Climate Change Law for Engineer Canada’s Resilience Professional Certification Program and is actively involved in the dissemination of information throughout Canada related to the role of engineers and other technical specialists in addressing climate risks.
- Identifying Drivers to Adapt: Zizzo Strategy is regularly engaged by industry associations, including those in the electricity and infrastructure sectors. We help identify economic and legal drivers to consider climate change in decision-making including presenting at workshops and providing briefing materials outlining climate-related drivers.
Not-for-profits work to advance the public good. Many organizations share our desire to see climate-smart legislation passed at municipal, provincial and national levels of government along with effective, efficient and fair implementation strategies.
Zizzo Strategy provides not-for-profit clients critical extra support to accomplish their goals. We conduct research to give clients the deep understanding they need to push for regulatory reform, stakeholder consultations to benefit from broad expertise and gain necessary buy-in, and detailed analysis to help inform proposed policy solutions and advocacy strategies.
Select Project Experience
- Advocacy Work on Cap and Trade Development: Zizzo Strategy consultants have provided research, analysis and advocacy support to various not-for-profit organizations concerning the development of Ontario’s cap and trade program. Zizzo Strategy helps organizations understand key design elements, tradeoffs and business concerns to ensure policy effectiveness and broad stakeholder buy-in.
- Electric Vehicle Policy and Promotion: Zizzo Strategy consultants provided research support on electric vehicle use and infrastructure in North America and conducted stakeholder consultations in three Ontario municipalities to identify barriers and opportunities to EV uptake. Prescribed city-specific policy and planning solutions to each partner municipality.